So someone in our house (it may or may not have been me) forgot to replenish our supply of dog treats. And since the Amazon Prime shipment is two days away from arriving on our doorstep, I decided to get domestic and whip up some homemade dog treats.
The recipe below is similar to this one and it uses simple ingredients (I had all of them on hand in my pantry!)
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2-1/2 cups flour (I used all-purpose, but whole wheat or almond flour would work too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients in a stand mixer. You can add water or more flour to get the right consistency (should be dry, stiff, workable, not too sticky.)
- Use a rolling pin to roll out 1/4" thick, and cut out using a fun cookie cutter!
- Bake at 350 F for 40 min (treats should be hard).