Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the kick-off to this year's holiday shopping season is just a few short days away!
Regardless of whether Fido has been naughty or nice this year, it's always fun to give during the holidays. Or heck, buy a little something for yourself too! I've put together a list of holiday gift ideas for your dog and dog-loving friends featuring several local Houston businesses.
Gift ideas for your dog
1) New ID tag. It's so important for your pup to have a collar with up-to-date contact information. Thought Blossoms creates simple, personalized pet ID tags - I especially love the hammered designs!
2) New digs. For the stylish pups, how about a new outfit? Funny Fur carries a huge selection of doggie clothes, from hoodies and sweaters to jackets and formal wear.
3) BarkBox subscription. What's not to love about a surprise box of goodies arriving on your doorstep each month?
4) Homemade dog treats. The Doggie Express whips up some of the most beautiful dog cookies I have ever seen, and even better, they deliver!
5) Playdates. While you're putting in the long hours at work, why not spoil your pup with a visit to doggie daycare? Depending on what part of town you're in, there are many great choices:
Gift ideas for pet owners and dog lovers
1) Gift certificate to a dog-friendly restaurant.
2) Photo gift, such as framed prints, cards, calendars, photo books and more. Mpix is a good consumer print lab with a wide variety of photo products.
3) Sweet stories about dogs. The following books are all highly recommended. Some of the stories are quite moving, so you might need a box of tissues (speaking from personal experience!)
- Marley & Me
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs
- Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog
- The Divinity of Dogs: True Stories of Miracles Inspired by Man's Best Friend
- Old Dogs are the Best Dogs
- Devoted: 38 Extraordinary Tales of Love, Loyalty, and Life With Dogs
4) Wearable art. Pop Your Pup transforms a picture of your dog into a hip shirt you can wear everywhere.
7) Donation to a dog rescue group or animal shelter. Giving to others is rewarding, and the holiday season is the perfect time to pay it forward. No matter how much or how little you donate, your time and/or money can help pets get a second chance for a happy life!
What are your favorite dog gifts to give and receive? Are you planning to fight the Black Friday crowds or shop online in your jammies?
Want to give the gift of custom photography? Let's chat!