You need a break.
Too many late evenings at the office. Your dog misses you and your evening walks. It's time to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and recharge! Somewhere peaceful where you can bring your dog.
Seven pet-friendly getaways within easy driving distance of Houston:
- Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort in Boerne. On just the other side of San Antonio, this resort features golf, swimming in the Guadalupe River, hiking trails, and a spa to relax in. The Riverwalk is also dog-friendly and a short drive away.
- Blisswood Bed & Breakfast in Cat Spring. Only a short drive from Houston, this 500-acre working ranch features 9 guesthouses, antiques, animals, and a gorgeous setting. Enjoy horseback riding, catch & release fishing, archery, trap shooting, hiking, or simply unwind among the live oaks.
- Canyon of the Eagles in Burnet. Features 62 guest rooms on a 940-acre private nature park along the shores of Lake Buchanan. Hike, swim, and breathe in the Texas Hill Country.
- Cypress Creek Cottages in Wimberley. Features 12 stand-alone cottages with private hot tubs. Close to the charming square of Wimberley and all this quaint town has to offer.
- Abundance Retreat in Wimberley. A private retreat with just 2 guesthouses located on Cypress Creek and steps away from historic Wimberley square. Canoe, kayak, play horseshoes, or rock on the front porch.
- Pomegranate House & Cottages in Granbury. A handful of private cottages a few blocks from the historic square. Enjoy the peace and quiet or read a book under the magnificent oak trees.
- Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary & Retreat Center in Burnet. On the shores of Lake Buchanan, enjoy quiet accommodations, three meals a day, and plenty of opportunity to unplug, enjoy nature, and recharge.
Another resource to help plan an enjoyable Texas vacation with your dog is Dogtipper's Texas with Dogs travel book. It's a few years old, but the authors post updates on their website.
So go on... book your getaway! You will thank me :)
Where do you and your dog get away when you need a break? Tell me, and I'll update the list!