Watching the news and scrolling through social media has been hard this week - the number of Houston homes damaged by flooding is over 150,000 and counting.
What matters most is the safety of your family. Stuff is just that... stuff. But some stuff, like photographs, carries with it immense sentimental value.
Disclaimer: I am not an expert in photo restoration. But I did round up a few helpful articles.
Tips for salvaging water-damaged photographs:
- Northeast Document Conservation Center: Emergency Salvage of Wet Photographs
- Thought Co.: Tips for Salvaging Flood & Water Damaged Photos
- Photo Ancestry: A Quick Lesson On How You Can Restore Water Damaged Photos
Local photo restoration companies
(and please note that some of these were also impacted by Hurricane Harvey):
- Heritage Photo Restoration
- Innovative Images
- Bradley's Art & Frame
- Bouchard's Photo Restoration
- Village Frame Gallery
- Photo Source
- Digital Memory Productions
Digital data recovery
If your photos live on your hard drive, here is a list of data recovery businesses:
- DriveSavers - offering free data recovery services to Texas residents who lost data in Hurricane Harvey
- Datatech Labs
- Ace Data Recovery
- Secure Data Recovery
- Data Analyzers
For my clients
If any of your artwork was damaged in the storm, please get in touch so I can replace it.