Another month, another list of dog-friendly events in and around the Houston area... May looks like it could be a very full month for your dog's social calendar!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (May 2017):
- May 5 - Yappy Hour at Bagby Park in Midtown. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour with treats and prizes.
- May 6 - BARK for BARC Pet Walk at Rice University. JoinHouston Astros pitcher Lance McCullers, Jr for a pet walk benefiting City of Houston's BARC animal shelter.
- May 6 - Katy Dog Derby at the Katy Dog Park. Fun and pageantry of the Kentucky Derby with games and activities for dogs and their owners. Benefiting local shelter.
- May 11-13 - Master the Rituals, A Dog Behavior Seminar at Kriser's in the Heights. This seminar meets 2 hours for 3 days to discuss dog communication, dog behavior, and pack dynamics.
- May 13 - Puppies for Breakfast at Market Square Park downtown. A fun dog festival featuring food trucks, fun, and vendors, benefiting The Animal Justice League Rescue in Houston.
- May 13-14 - Houston Pet Expo at NRG Center. Large event with pet-friendly exhibitors and rescues, obedience training demos, talent and costume contests, prizes, and more.
- May 20 - Walk to Cure Arthritis along Buffalo Bayou Trail. Family-friendly and dog-friendly, this event offers local food and beer, a kids activity zone, dog zone, and prizes.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!