Ahhh, springtime in Houston... the weather is still nice and perfect for being out and about with your dog!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (April 2016):
- April 2: Doggy Party on the Plaza at City Centre. Includes a pet parade, costume contest, special kid area, rescue groups, and over 70 vendors!
- April 3: Pints for Pets Fundraiser and Adoptions at Clancy's Pub in Richmond. Enjoy a beer and help support Fort Bend County Animal Services.
- April 9: Barks, Buds, and Suds in Midtown. Why should humans have all the fun? This pup crawl is dedicated to dogs and benefits the Houston Humane Society.
- April 9-10: Houston Pet Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center. This is a huge event with tons of exhibitors, rescue groups and adoptions, live entertainment, and demonstrations.
- April 16: Shaggy Dog Rescue 5k at Stude Park in the Heights. A 5k run for the runners, and a one-mile fun run for the pups, followed by post-race party with live music, food, and craft beerto benefit Shaggy Dog Rescue.
- April 16: Canine Carnival in Sienna Plantation in Missouri City. Features the Houston Disc Dogs, Dock Dogs, food, drink, and carnival rides and games.
- April 16: Derby Dog Dash at Sam Houston Race Park. Family and dog friendly event - small dogs will race between the horse races.
- April 16: Fort Bend Cares Doggone Fun Run in Sugarland. Three options for all fitness levels: 5k competitive run, a 5k fun run with dogs, and a 1 mile run/walk with dogs. Benefits Fort Bend Pets Alive.
- April 17: Dachshund Rescue of Houston's Spring Fling in Tomball. Includes plenty of dachshunds, races, silent auction, and shopping, benefiting Dachshund Rescue of Houston.
- April 22: Midtown Houston's Yappy Hour in Bagby Park. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour features treats, contests, and prizes.
- April 24: Dream Dachs Paw Crawl at Karbach Brewing Co. Beer sampling, food trucks, and a relaxing afternoon chilling with your pup!
- April 27: K-9 Angels Rescue Spring Fling at Cottonwood in Garden Oaks. Spring event to raise money for K-9 Angels Rescue group.
- April 30: Bark for BARC Pet Walk at Rice University. Raising awareness and funds to help complete BARC's new adoption center.
- April 30: Galveston Island Bark in the Park Dog Show in Galveston. Family friendly dog show benefiting the Galveston Island Humane Society.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!