The year is winding down, and with the holidays coming, there are just a small handful of dog-related events happening around Houston this month.
A quick note: Many of the rescue groups and shelters around town rely solely on volunteers and donations to make a difference in animals' lives. We all love a story with a happy ending, but it takes dedication and resources. In the spirit of the holiday season, please consider donating time, food, supplies, or money to one of these great organizations.
Things to do with your dog in Houston (December 2016):
- December 3 - Jingle Bell Bark and Brew at Kirby Ice House. Join Greater Houston German Shepherd Dog Rescue for their annual fundraising and adoption event. Silent auction, raffle, brew, and pet photos with Santa!
- December 3 - iWalk for Animals at Memorial Park picnic loop. Get your exercise in either the 5K or 1K, and join the fun with demonstrations, live music, and vendors. Benefits the Houston SPCA.
- December 3 - Santa Paws at the Houston Humane Society. Pets and kids can get their picture taken with Santa, donation of a Kong toy or pet food is recommended.
- December 4 - Paws and Claus at Gleannloch Farms Dog Park. Family fun with training demonstrations, entertainment by Houston Frisbee Dogs, silent auction, vendors, and more! Benefiting Gleannloch Farms Pet Committee.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!