May... graduations and celebrations and everyone looking forward to summer vacations! I've compiled a list of dog friendly events in Houston for the month of May.
Things to do with your dog in Houston (May 2016):
- May 5: CAP Cinco de Mayo 5k Fun Run at Sugarland Memorial Park. Dress up in your favorite Cinco de Mayo garb and enjoy Mexican food and drink following the run. Proceeds benefit the Citizens for Animal Protection.
- May 5: Cinco de Mile Block Party in Midtown. Five bars and clubs come together to throw a fun Latin party with live music, dog costume contest, and more.
- May 6: Martinis for Mutts at Alliance Francaise de Houston in Midtown. Dress up for an evening of martinis, wine, hors d’oeuvres, music, and silent auction. Proceeds benefit Pup Squad Animal Rescue.
- May 14: Kirk Cushing's Dog Master Seminar at Kriser's in The Heights. Meet a dog behaviorist / trainer and learn about fostering a better relationship with your dog.
- May 15: Perro de Mayo at The Continental Club in Midtown. A concert fundraiser benefiting Barrio Dogs.
- May 15: Putts fore Mutts at Cypress Lakes Golf Club. Calling all golfers! Fun golf event benefiting Scout's Honor Rescue.
- May 21: Puppies for Breakfast at Market Square Park. A morning dog festival in the heart of downtown, features pet vendors, live music, food trucks, a costume contest and more.
- May 21: Pull for Puppies at City Centre. A tug of war tournament and pet festival benefiting Forgotten Pet Advocates.
- May 27: Midtown Houston's Yappy Hour in Bagby Park. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour features treats, contests, and prizes.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!