2017 is now in full swing, and there are many dog-friendly events scheduled in February. Hope to see you out and about around Houston!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (February 2017):
- February 1 - Puppy Bowl at Meadowlake Pet Resort & Training Center. Kick off starts at 9am. If you can't make it, they will be showing live feed on facebook.
- February 4 - Mutts and Melodies at GreenStreet downtown. Pup Squad Animal Rescue hosts live music, puppies, and adoptions every first and fourth Saturday afternoon.
- February 11 - Portraits For Life - pet portrait event hosted by yours truly to raise funds for Friends For Life.
- February 11 - Best Friends Brunch at Hotel Zaza. A brunch supporting aniMeals on Wheels.
- February 11 - Wiener Dog Races at Sam Houston Race Park.
- February 18 - Puppy Up Houston at Rob Fleming Park in the Woodlands. This 1-mile walk is to promote awareness of canine cancer and raise funds for cancer research. Also enjoy vendors, silent auction, and entertainment.
- February 24 - Yappy Hour at Bagby Park in Midtown. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour with treats and prizes.
- February 25 - Bark for Life at Riverstone. A fun walk, demonstrations, contests, and games to raise funds and awareness for the American Cancer Society.
- February 25 - Putts for Paws at Hermann Park Golf Course. Golf tournament benefiting Houston Pets Alive!
I also found several dog-friendly meetup groups - might be worth checking out!
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!