Don't let this dog's grumpy face fool you - I promise he was quite happy frolicking on the beach! Summertime means road trips and swimming and plenty of cold beverages. Here's a list of dog-friendly and dog-related events in Houston during June. And because the weather is getting uber-hot, please be careful (safety first for both you and your doggies!!)
Things to do with your dog in Houston (June 2016):
- June 4: Canines and Coffee at Tout Suite Cafe. Food drive and adoption event benefiting Corridor Rescue.
- June 11: Houston Pet CPR and First Aid Seminar. Join Beth Bowers, a Certified Pet CPR, First Aid, and Care Instructor with over 17 years experience for a full-day seminar. Tickets required.
- June 13: Summertime Dogs 101 - Hikes, Health, & Happy Paws. Bayou City Outdoors and REI present an evening info session about keeping your dog happy and healthy outdoors this summer.
- June 19: Father's Day at Karbach Brewery. What dad doesn't like beer? Let dad chillax with a couple cold beers benefiting Corridor Rescue.
- June 24: Midtown Houston's Yappy Hour in Bagby Park. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour features treats, contests, and prizes.
- June 25: Peace Love Dogs Dog Walk at Rice University. An evening dog walk and BBQ hosted by Rice Graduate Student Association and benefiting Peace Love Dogs rescue.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!