Do you have your calendar ready? October is a huge month for fall festivals, costume contests, and dog-related fundraisers. Plus as the weather cools down, we'll all be flocking to the dog parks and dog-friendly patios. Enjoy!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (October 2017):
- October 1 - Blessing of the Animals at St. Andrews Episcopal Church in the Heights. Stay for beer, hot dogs, and live music!
- October 4 - Wag Tantrum Launch Party at The Owl Bar. Come out and celebrate a new Houston-based dog food line made from human-grade ingredients. Proceeds benefit Save-A-Pet non-profit.
- October 6 - Rebel With a Cause gala at Silver Street Studios. Dinner, drinks, music, and auction benefiting Friends For Life animal shelter.
- October 6 - Yappy Hour at Bagby Park in Midtown. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour with treats and prizes.
- October 7-8 - PetFest in Old Town Spring. This outdoor festival features parade, wiener races, costume contests, dog shows, and over 60 exhibitors.
- October 14 - Strut Your Mutt 5K at Stude Park. This annual charity walk put on by Best Friends Animal Society helps raise funds for many of Houston's animal rescue organizations, and you get to choose where your money goes. Also includes a festival, doggie yoga, pet portraits, music and contests.
- October 21 - BarkHappy Halloween Dog Costume Party at FM Kitchen & Bar. Benefiting Adore Houston, this party will have dog costume fashion show, raffle prizes, and samples.
- October 21 - 9th Annual Howl-o-Ween Fest in the Bridgeland neighborhood. Featuring The Super Collies from America's Got Talent TV show. Food trucks, shows, adoptable pets, kids' activities, pumpkins, face painting, vendors, and more!
- October 21 - Mutts & Melodies at Green Street downtown. Enjoy live music while playing with puppies! Pup Squad Animal Rescue will host pet adoptions.
- October 24 - BYOD Houston launch. Ever had trouble finding information on dog-friendly businesses around town? If you haven't yet heard about BYOD (bring your own dog), head on over to the website and check it out - you don't want to miss it!
- October 31 - Boo, Brew & Bridges at Under the Radar Brewery. Dogs welcome, costumes encouraged, and Pup Squad Animal Rescue will be there!
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!