Did your dog get any treats for Halloween? I ate way too much chocolate, and now need to sign up for candy detox...
We are in the home stretch for 2016, and the holiday season is just around the corner! But there are still fun dog-related events going on this month in Houston!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (November 2016):
- November 5 - Hops and Hounds at Good Dog's new Montrose location. Beer, hot dogs, and local businesses to answer your questions about canine health and training, benefiting Pup Squad Animal Rescue.
- November 5 - Animal Rescue Rally at the Ginger Man in Rice Village. Friends for Life is organizing this fun afternoon of beer, wine, raffle prizes, adoptable pets, and more!
- November 5 (and every Saturday) - Agility Classes at Meadowlake Pet Resort. Let your pet try jumping and working through agility obstacles, either for fun or to train for competition.
- November 10 - Emancipet Pack Party. Celebrate the opening of Emancipet's new clinic in the East End with complimentary drinks and yapp-etizers. Proceeds go towards Emancipet's mission of making veterinary services accessible to all pet owners.
- November 12 - Paw-ty with the Great Gatsby, 30th Annual Celebrity Paws Gala at the Royal Sonesta Hotel benefitting CAP.
- November 13 - Bark Mitzvah by Houston Congregation for Reform Judaism. Food, fun, local pet vendors, and blessing on every dog by the Rabbi.
- November 18 - Scout's Honor Charity Gala at The Heights Villa. A fun evening of silent and live auctions, DJ, dinner, and open bar, benefiting the formerly homeless dogs in Scout's Honor Rescue's program.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!