One of the busiest months of the year - Mother's Day, graduation celebrations, a three-day Memorial Day weekend, all signalling the start of summer! In between all the parties and get-togethers, I wouldn't blame you for just chillaxin' at home. But if you are looking for something to do with your dog this month, I've got you covered...
Things to do with your dog in Houston (May 2018):
- May 5 - Cinco de Doggo Fiesta at Axelrad Beer Garden. Margaritas, maracas, doggy bags, pinata games, raffles and more benefiting Reggie's Friends.
- May 5 - Chihuahua de Mayo at the Houston Humane Society. Food truck, family fun, and special adoption rates for chihuahuas and chi-mixes.
- May 8 - K-9 Angels Spring Fling at Karbach Brewery. Beer, food trucks, auction, & raffles benefiting K-9 Angels Rescue.
- May 14 - Dogs & Divas Fashion Show & Lunch in League City. Fashion and dogs benefiting Bay Area Turning Point.
- May 16 - Yappy Hour at Midtown Park. Check out this newly-opened park in Midtown with a dog park! Treats, prizes, doga (dog yoga), and more!
- May 19 - Bark for Life of Riverstone in Sugar Land. Celebrate cancer survivorship, both human and canine, in this non-competitive walk. Benefiting American Cancer Society.
- May 26 - Greenawalds Service Fun Run at Bear Creek Pioneers Park. Family friendly, playground, and mini-zoo, join this fun run to raise money to end Veteran homelessness while saving dogs and training them to support PTSD.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
- Check out BYOD dog-friendly deals and events.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!