With the summer behind us, we're all cursing the extra traffic and wishing for cooler weather. But the good news is that fall brings more dog-friendly events and fundraisers for Houston's pet shelters and rescue groups. September looks like a fun month with activities from biking to painting to pub trivia. Get out there and enjoy y'all!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (September 2016):
- September 9: Fierce & Fabulous Soiree put on by Houston PetSet. Enjoy a fancy night out at The Astorian for food, cocktails, dancing, and live and silent auctions. This big event raises funds for many of Houston's local rescue groups.
- September 10: Pub & Pedal for Pups bike and brew ride around the Heights, benefitting Pup Squad Animal Rescue. BYO Bike!
- September 14: CAP 2016 Gala Kick-off. The actual Gala is not until November, but enjoy sips and lite bites at Tootsies while supporting Citizens for Animal Protection.
- September 17: Picasso's by Paws. Bayou City Outdoors presents a fun painting party at where your dog gets to be the artist! Held at Urban Tails and benefitting Houston SNAP.
- September 17: Mutts, Meows & Margaritas. Evening at Mo's for food, drinks, music, silent & live auctions, benefitting BARC.
- September 21: Geeks Who Drink Puppy Pub Quiz. Fundraiser at Little J's Bar on Washington benefitting Corridor Rescue.
- September 23: Midtown Houston's Yappy Hour in Bagby Park. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour features treats, contests, and prizes.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!