Ahhh, summer! To be a kid again and have three glorious months of lazy days by the pool, hours for reading and watching TV, and summer camps! Here is a list of Houston's best summer camps for kids who love animals.
Cats and Dogs
- Houston SPCA Critter Camp. Week-long day camps for kids who love animals. The program theme varies week to week to appeal to children entering 3rd-10th grades.
- CAP Kids and Kritters Camp. Occurs in June and August, and open to boys and girls entering 3rd-6th grades.
- Houston Humane Society Companion Camp. Sessions are available in June, July, and August and open to kids 7-13 years old (and 12-15 years old during teen week).
- Horse and Pony Camp at All Heart Horse Farm. Choice of 1-day, 5-day, or even overnight programs with smores included! Open to all ages, no previous riding experience required.
- Pinebrook Farms Horsemanship Camp. Open to kids age 7-15, no previous riding experience required.
- Houston Zoo Camp Zoofari. Half-day and full-day programs with animal-centered curriculum for kids age 4-12. The older kids can even stay overnight at the zoo!
- The Aquarium Sea Safari Summer Camp. Open to ages 7-12, learn about sharks, rays, octopuses, and more!
- TWRC Wildlife Camp. Fur, Feathers, & Scales adventure in July open to ages 7-11.
- TRG Exotics Summer Camp. Themed day camps for children ages 5-13 with animal encounters.
Have you or your kids participated in any of these camps?