A hot summer day, you're lounging poolside listening to your favorite jams, a novel in your hand, with the sweet smell of suncreen wafting in the air. But wait... this scene just isn't complete without a cold fruity adult beverage!!
Now look at Fido, sprawled out in the sunshine - don't you think he wants a cold fruity treat too?! You're in luck - I've got a super-easy recipe...
Frozen pumpkin popsicles for dogs:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Diced fruit like apples or bananas (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender. You can add water as needed to thin the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into ice cube trays, or cute silicone baking molds (mine available on Amazon).
- Freeze overnight or until ready to eat.
If you really want to spoil your pup, check out Claudia's handcrafted Pupsicles. Hand-crafted frozen dog treats in a variety of natural flavors - pick up, delivery, or find her around town at a local Houston event!