Did you make it out to see the bluebonnets this year? If you hurry, you still might be able to find a patch for photos. I'll be sharing images from my bluebonnet sessions soon. Until then, let's see what dog-friendly events are happening around Houston this month.
The first event in the list, Doggy Party on the Plaza, actually already happened and I was there with a booth - I enjoyed meeting many of you!
I didn't take many pictures at the event, but couldn't resist these little guys. No surprise, they stole the show everywhere they went!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (April 2017):
- April 1 - Doggy Party on the Plaza at City Centre. If you missed it this year, put it on your calendar for next year - this fundraiser has adoptable dogs, a parade, costume contests, vendors, music, and more!
- April 8 - Dog Meet Up on the Patio at The Isles Ice House. Monthly meetup to socialize, eat, drink, and be merry with your dogs.
- April 8 - Easter Fun for Every Bunny at Petsmart, multiple locations.
- April 9 - Pet Night with the Easter Bunny at Memorial City Mall.
- April 22 - Mutts and Melodies at GreenStreet downtown. Pup Squad Animal Rescue hosts live music, puppies, and adoptions every first and fourth Saturday afternoon.
- April 22 - Fort Bend Cares Doggone Fun Run in Sienna Plantation. Participate in a 5K run or 1 mile fun run/walk with your dog, fundraising event for disadvantaged children.
- April 22 - OPA Rescue Ride in Conroe. Family-friendly event including departure of Flight for Life (plane transporting rescued animals to forever homes), a 100-mile motorcycle ride, and after-party celebration. Benefiting Operation Pets Alive!
- April 28 - Yappy Hour at Bagby Park in Midtown. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour with treats and prizes.
- April 29 - K-9 Fun Run & Walk at University of Houston. Get some exercise and support the Houston Humane Society, and stay for food, drink, shopping, and more.
- April 29 - Pet-a-Palooza in Galveston. Family-friendly event benefiting Galveston Island Humane Society. Live entertainment, food trucks, costume/dancing/trick contests, and adoptable animals. Plus you can stop at the beach while you're down there!
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!