The summer is heating up... don't forget your water as you hit the town for these fun dog-friendly events in and around the Houston area!
Things to do with your dog in Houston (July 2017):
- July 1 - Mutts & Melodies at Green Street downtown. Enjoy live music while playing with puppies! Pup Squad Animal Rescue will host pet adoptions.
- July 7 - Yappy Hour at Bagby Park in Midtown. Monthly pet-friendly happy hour with treats and prizes.
- July 8 - Picnic for Pets. Celebrate the grand opening of the Houston Humane Society's new Pavilion. The event will have BBQ, vendors, silent auction, live music, and games.
- July 15 - DogPop at Yuppie Dog in the Heights. Music, food trucks, space for your dog to play, and local businesses for an evening of fun benefiting the Houston Homeless Pet Project.
- July 15 - League City Dog Park Summer Fun. A dog of pet adoptions, music, food, splash pools, and more.
- July 19-23 - Houston World Series of Dog Shows. Held indoors at NRG Park, this show has breed judging, obedience, agility racing, frisbee catching, and dog dancing. Tons of vendors and demonstrations on dog health, training, grooming, and more.
Things to do with your dog in Houston any day:
- Visit a dog friendly restaurant in Houston.
- Take a walk along Houston's hike and bike trails.
- Play at a Houston dog park.
- Join a dog-friendly meetup group in Houston.
Do you have an event to share with your fellow dog-loving Houstonians? Send me a message, and I'll update the list!